The Teatwand 400 automatic teat sprayer was developed in 2008 to address the problems associated with poor teat spray coverage associated with the stationary platform and in race walkover teat-sprayers.
The innovations that were incorporated in the Teatwand 400 are:
- A moving arm that moves 400mm under the udder to obtain better reach and better coverage of all 4 teats.
- The use of a flexible spring so the arm flexes if it comes into contact with cows legs or any milking machine parts avoiding harm to cow and equipment.
- The Teatwand 400 is programmed to adjust to different platform speeds so that no adjustment is necessary for morning or afternoon milking.
- The use of sensors so that it will only spray if there is a cow in the bail with no cups attached.
- As there is only one spray solenoid and one spray nozzle it allows the use of the best quality components for reliability. The spray nozzle is self- cleaning, so dirt and fecal matter will not block the nozzle.
- All stainless construction means longevity is built-in.